What do I do with my Scorecard?
So you've seen your Scorecard in BAA...now what? For information and guidance about how to interpret and apply the valuable information encompassed in the Scorecard, see these valuable and easy to understand documents from MDE.
(Simply select the image and the link will take you to the document you have selected)
- Accountability Facts and Tough Questions 2013 (PDF or MS Word)
- Parent Communication Template for Accountability 2013 (PDF or MS Word)
- OAISD Focus Letter Template (MS Word) DUE August 20 if using instead of MDE Sample below
- Requirements for ALL Focus Schools (both Non-Title and Title I buildings)
- MDE Top to Bottom/Reward/Focus/Priority website.
- MDE Parent Notification Requirement for Focus Schools and/or Priority Schools DUE August 20
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ by MDE) for Focus Schools and/or Priority Schools
- MDE Proficiency Target AMOs for Scorecard (MS Excel)
- Amendments to Accountability Presentation August 2013 (PDF)
Why do Relationships trump Results? See video ...
Robert Marzano made a profound conclusion when he stated "Arguably the quality of the relationships teachers have with their students is the keystone of the effective management and perhaps even the entirety of teaching."
Regardless of how schools are measured, we must maintain our focus on the Four R's, including deep, professional dialogue around the results.
The video link on the right shows why Relationships, knowing your students, is more important than the test (Results).
Student Growth Percentile Questions?
If you are interested in exploring your Student Growth percentiles SI Timeline recommends the following:
Click on the slide above to see a short video clip (one minute).
Videos available from the release of the ESEA Flexibility Waiver in 2012.