Annual Education Report timeline for 2016-2017
has been determined for 2017-2018!
The Annual Education Reports (AERs) are typically required before school starts. The 2016-2017 AER report was delayed until Winter 2017-2018, but MDE released a memo on April 12, 2018 for completion and final submission of the District and School AERs for 2017-2018. The final submission date is May 31, 2018.
For the past several years, the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) has required districts and schools to communicate Annual Education Reports (AERs) to parents and the community in August, before the start of the school year, to fulfill requirements under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
- Process for assigning pupils (likely unchanged)
- Status of SIP (brief overview and link to document)
- Specialized schools (if applicable)
- Explanation and link to curriculum documents (may need updates re: CCSS)
- Update Local Achievement Data (may reference SDA or simply copy local reports)
- Update Parent-Teacher Conference Attendance data
- (HS Only) Update “Extended Learning Opportunities” (AP, IB, Dual Enroll, College Credit)
Once MDE has notified the district, update the cover letters to include Label (TSI, ATS, or CSI).