Contact us today for local support:
- Identifying English Learners, Immigrant students, & Migrant students
- Understanding how to layer funds for ELs: General fund obligations, Title I, 31a, Section 41, Title III LEP, Title III Immigrant, Title I Part C
- Program development, evaluation, planning, staffing, etc.
- Assessment & Accountability: W-APT, WIDA Screener, WIDA Access, supports and accommodations on State assessments
- Understanding the LAW
- Supporting teachers serving ELs
- SPED/ EL considerations
- Early Childhood/ EL considerations
- MME, Personal Curriculum, & Graduation for ELs
- Michigan Seal of Biliteracy
- 3rd Grade Reading Law & Early Literacy Initiatives- EL Considerations
- Community resources
- Click here to subscribe to our monthly newsletter
- Click here for the most recent newsletter & a full archive
Essential tasks with links, directions, resources, and deadlines for your EL Program.
Find Professional Learning opportunities throughout the region here for 2019-20.
EL Accommodations Checklist
Key resource with common EL accommodations for K-12 teachers with tech resources.
MMC World Language Credit Guidance
Are your native speakers of other languages in your Spanish 1 classes? Use this flow chart to determine when to grant World Language credit for students with previous language experiences.
Michigan Seal of Biliteracy
Honor your bilingual and biliterate 2019 graduates with the Seal of Biliteracy! Click here for our regional resource to get started with the Seal of Biliteracy in your school/ district or find MDE's resources at the link below:
Shared EL Educator Google Folder
Find ready-made resources for your classrooms and EL programs including printable student activities, 3rd Grade Reading Law guidance, MMC guidance, teaching strategies, and MORE!