Step by Step guidance to MVU Online Tutorials
Steps to enroll:
- Go to Michigan Learnport log in page.
- Click on Menu in the upper right hand corner.
- Click log in. If you have your credentials you can log in or use the option of creating a new account.
- Search the Training Catalog using “CSI” or click HERE ; Click on the course name “Michigan Continuous School Improvement (MI-CSI)”; Select the "Access Item" button .... Wait until the following Monday, then Log in with the password provided.
OR Search Training Catalog for "MDE Program Evaluation"or click HERE.
- Open the course by clicking on the title – There are directions both for using Moodle (general) and for completing the course (from the instructor)
School Improvement Tutorial
This course on Michigan Continuous School Improvement (MI-CSI) provides information about the school improvement process in the state of Michigan. The course consists of five modules: One introduction module and four modules covering the stages of the school improvement process (Gather, Study, Plan and Do).
- Earn 2.0 credit hours
- No cost
- Content delivered via activities, videos, PowerPoint presentations with voice-over
- Course includes journals, quizzes, and social networking
- Online peer coaches provide feedback and support
- Take the course individually or as a team
- Cohorts start every Monday
NOTE: The following MONDAY you will gain access.
Notice at the bottom of the course description: ENROLLMENT NOTE: New module sessions start every Monday. Learners will be have access to the module ANY TIME after noon the Monday following their enrollment. For example, if you enroll for this module on a Wednesday, you will be able to start the module the following Monday at noon. If this is your first Moodle course, your login credentials for Moodle will be emailed to you. Your login ID will be the same as your LearnPort ID. Your password will be a temporary password, and you will be required to change it.
Program Evaluation Tutorial
Simply click on the "01 ... Journal and Learning Log" and follow the instructions (PDF). The Journal will walk you through when to view both videos that are about 15 minutes in length. Total time: Approximately 1 hour assuming appropriate dialogue between participants (meant to complete as a group).