The School Improvement Process truly picks up during the winter as monitoring of the current plan overlaps with gathering and analyzing data for the upcoming plan. In addition, the first compliance components of the new cycle need to be meaningfully completed.
- Budget Amendments within Consolidated Application DUE January 15, 2015
- School Systems Review DUE March 20, 2015 ( activities leading up to submission detailed below)
- Mid-March: compile required perception surveys (staff, parents, & secondary students) plus recommended surveys (community and elementary students)
- District Systems Review DUE April 17, 2015
- School Data Analysis (SDA) recommended for mid-April completion (DUE Sept 1 but should inform spring/summer planning)
- Districts with Title I Buildings: contact and meet with Private/Non-Public entities in February
School Systems Review
Complete in chunks throughout winter months to be finished by mid-February:
1) COLLECT staff perception, which are based on the School Improvement Framework. You may want to consider how you will GATHER the data in order to define the problem ... (read more)
2) DISCUSS only key indicators which you most likely will tie to your School Improvement Plan ...
3) REPORT the results in AdvancED in mid February (internal deadline usually first week of March) ...
NOTE: Resources available ... (read more)
B) Administer winter benchmarking assessments, such as NWEA/MAP, Delta Math, GLAD, DIBELS, common writing prompts, etc. as well as any summative assessments (or Informed Interim Assessments).
Individual Student Activities
Click this link or the picture for more information ...