Annual Education Report timeline for last year
has been determined for 2021-22!
For the past several years, the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) has required districts and schools to communicate Annual Education Reports (AERs) yearly to parents and the community to fulfill requirements under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). The Annual Education Reports (AERs) are typically required to be completed in the winter. The MDE recently communicated the following timelines:
Steps to Complete the AER
1) We will update this section with links to the NEW Cover Letters as soon as they are available:
Folder with District & School Letters
* If you want these letters in Spanish or Arabic, please log into MI School Data.
2) Log-in to MI School Data
3) Download the "Combined Report" for school or district (or for every school and the district).
4) Upload the NEW Cover Letter and Combined Report to your district and school website between Dec 21, 2021 and Feb 15, 2022. The link to such reports must be within one click of the home page.
The detailed AER information on the left has a 2021-22 Power point to guide users who are unfamiliar with the process developed by the state. For a quick reminder, use the picture below with the three steps.
Click to enlarge image.
This year’s AER encompasses several ESSA reporting requirements including:
- English language proficiency of English Learners
- Recently arrived English Learners exempted from an English Language Arts assessment
- Information from the Civil Rights Data Collection
- Inexperienced educators
- Educators with emergency/provisional credentials
- Educators not teaching in the subject/field of their certification/licensure
- School improvement funding amounts
- Several additional subgroups including homeless students, foster children, and military-connected students