Step by Step guidance to MVU Online Tutorials
Steps to enroll:
- Go to Michigan Learnport log in page
- Either log in or select link to Create a new Account
- Locate the Training Catalog (gold button on left side or top menu under “Learning Center” tab)
- Search the Training Catalog using “CSI” ; Click on the course name “Michigan Continuous School Improvement (MI-CSI)”; Select the "Access Item" button .... Wait until the following Monday, then Log in with the password provided
- OR Search Training Catalog for "MDE Program Evaluation" and select "ALL Words" then search. Click on "MDE ... Planning Tools"
- Open the course by clicking on the title – There are directions both for using Moodle (general) and for completing the course (from the instructor)
School Improvement Tutorial
This Moodle course on Michigan Continuous School Improvement (MI-CSI) provides information about the school improvement process in the state of Michigan. The course consists of five modules: One introduction module and four modules covering the stages of the school improvement process (Gather, Study, Plan and Do).
- Earn 10 SCECHs
- No cost
- Content delivered via activities, videos, PowerPoint presentations with voice-over
- Course includes journals, quizzes, and social networking
- Online peer coaches provide feedback and support
- Take the course individually or as a team
- Cohorts start every Monday
NOTE: The following MONDAY you will gain access.
Notice at the bottom of the course description: ENROLLMENT NOTE: New module sessions start every Monday. Learners will be have access to the module ANY TIME after noon the Monday following their enrollment. For example, if you enroll for this module on a Wednesday, you will be able to start the module the following Monday at noon. If this is your first Moodle course, your login credentials for Moodle will be emailed to you. Your login ID will be the same as your LearnPort ID. Your password will be a temporary password, and you will be required to change it.
Program Evaluation Tutorial
Simply click on the "01 ... Journal and Learning Log" and follow the instructions (PDF). The Journal will walk you through when to view both videos that are about 15 minutes in length. Total time: Approximately 1 hour assuming appropriate dialogue between participants (meant to complete as a group).