Reading Now Network Data 2012-2014
In 2013, the Reading Now Network (RNN) set out to study schools in MASA Region 3 that were able to demonstrate significantly better reading scores compared to similar schools in the region. Looking at data differently, the white ban with the "best fitting line" running in the middle represents this pattern where most schools fall. However, some schools are significantly above similar schools (in the green region) where other are significantly below (red region). Therefore, the RNN network focused on a variety of schools who fell in the top 20% (or green region). Across the five schools studied, RNN found five foundations:
- Uncompromising focus: Everything revolves around reading
- Relevant data used deeply: Everybody knows where they are and where they are going
- Shared leadership and sustained commitment
- Classroom management focused on learning
- Collective responsibility for every child's success
Visit gomasa.org/readingnow for more in depth information on each of the five findings. Videos featuring the five schools help to illustrate the findings. The symposium that brought in over 300 educators from region three featured panel discussion from teachers and administrators.